Insect bites are very common in the summer time; however they can occur at any time of the year.
Symptoms of insect bites and stings
- Redness and itching of the skin
- Local swelling of the skin
- Blister like lesions or even a hives type of reaction
- The insect bite might become infected by a bacterial infection
Treatment of insect bites and stings
Treatment for insect bites will depend on your symptoms and can include
- Steroid creams
- Steroid cream plus antibiotic cream or anti-itch cream
- Antihistamines for the itching
- Calamine cream to cool the skin and provide relief
- Antibiotics for any infection
To speak with a practitioner about insect bites and stings treatment contact us today.