Migraine is a disabling primary headache disorder.
Migraines are episodes of periodic headaches with complete resolution between attacks.
People can have different frequencies of attacks. They can happen a few times each week or a few times in your life.
Symptoms of migraine
A migraine attack can include the following stages:
- Prodromal stage (before the headache) – change in mood or appetite
- Aura – neurological symptoms e.g. visual, motor or sensory disturbances
- Headache – throbbing or pulsating headache, this can be on one side of the head or both sides
- Nausea – people can feel sick with the headache
- Resolution – this is when the headache resolves completely
Treatment of migraine
Your doctor can prescribe you pain relief or specific migraine treatment for the pain and nausea
To speak with a practitioner about Migraine treatment click register below.